Google+ The Daily Jewel: Hauntingly Beautiful - Elaine Songer's "Opal Moon"

Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Hauntingly Beautiful - Elaine Songer's "Opal Moon"

In the spirit of the season...my "Trick or Treat" from the brilliant Jeffrey Hunt (founder of One World Gemstone) was this stunning photo for use on the Facebook partner to this blog!

Did you know there was a "Daily Jewel" on Facebook? info is in the right hand column here on the blog. It is a little different - here I find you fun things that I find online or in my mailbox. On the Facebook page I have to find the daily inspiration from Facebook. When I first started using Facebook there was a general opinion that there was much there for the Jewelry and Gem Industries...the "Daily Jewel" found who was there and featured the work of gem cutters, wire wrappers, lampworkers, beaders, beadweavers, gem sellers and mineral collectors....boy - has that pool grown!!!

Happy Halloween!


Elaine Songer's OPAL MOON for Robyn Hawk.
I remember last year around Halloween Robyn loved my Something Wicked Halloween photo. With that in mind, I took liberties with Elaine Songer's Opal and created this digital montage for Robyn to celebrate Halloween 2010.
The work also marks the very successful completion of eye surgery for Elaine!
Congratulations both for wonderful work in the field... And, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

...and this is the one that started it all! Something Wicked!

Halloween is almost here in the United States! This is a design called Something Wicked that I designed several years ago, the design was pubished in Jewelry Artist Magazine October 2007. This design (and others) can now be found here: http://www.gemologyproject.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hunt_-_Something_Wicked

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis